This Privacy & cookie notice applies to Lime Street Insurance Brokers Ltd who are data controller of your information and we take our responsibilities regarding privacy and security of customer information seriously. We will never disclose or share your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We will only retain your data for as long as necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. This privacy notice contains important information on who we are, and how we collect, store, share and use information about our customers and how we protect your privacy, By your using this web site and/or supplying information on it you confirm that you agree to the collection and/or use of your personal information by us in accordance with this privacy and cookie notice.
The primary service provided by Lime Street Insurance Brokers Ltd is (re)insurance broking and ancillary linked services such as the servicing of claims. This necessitates the sharing of your personal data within the industry, but we endeavour to protect the privacy and confidentiality of the personal data that we process in respect of the services that we provide to you our client.
Personal Information that we may hold about you
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Personal information that we may collect through our website includes but is not limited to:
• Individual details such as your name, postal address, date of birth, email address, phone number, occupation and other information.
• Identification details e.g. passport, licences.
• Information regarding your dealings with us including but not limited to bank details, fraud convictions, sanction checks.
• Any interest you have in relation to our services
• Any information you may voluntarily provide to us by completing any form on our web site.
We may also collect and store Personal Information in various ways:
• From any form you may complete and submit through our web site, for example information collected from the “contact us” page of our website;
• Details of visits to our website and information collected through “cookies” and other similar tools deployed on parts of our website that can only be accessed by authenticated users who are logged into the website (for further information regarding cookies used on our website, please see below);
• When you provide information as a client in connection with us providing professional services to you. For example, information on previous claims, which may include health data, criminal records. Access will be subject to our terms of business we have with clients and any additional terms and conditions of use attached to the website; and
• From other sources such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and from other third parties.
How we use your personal information
We process Personal Information for our legitimate business interests, as outlined below, to perform contracts that you may have with us and to comply with our legal obligations.
In some jurisdictions your use of the Website may be taken as implied consent to the collection and processing of Personal Information as outlined in this privacy notice.
We may use Personal Information to:
• Perform our contractual obligations to you, to undertake information management, compliance and regulatory reporting and to meet our obligations under applicable law and regulations. This could involve establishing relationships with insurance companies or other commercial entities such as loss adjusters, risk managers.
• Manage renewals and claims.
• To correspond with you, notify you of events or changes to our service, or otherwise to fulfil your requests and respond to your queries and requests for information, which may include marketing to you;
• For data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing and/or improving our Website, operating and expanding our business activities.
Disclosure of your personal information
Lime Street Insurance Brokers Ltd may disclosure your Personal Information to third parties for the following reasons:
• To third party service providers such as entities providing customer services, email delivery, auditing, hosting our website and other services;
• If we are obliged to disclose your Personal Information under an applicable law or regulation which may include laws outside your country of residence;
• Subject to applicable laws, to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
• In the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
• In accordance with the separate terms and conditions of use that may attach to Lime Street Insurance Broker website links.
Reasons that we can collect and use your personal information & withdrawal of consent
We do not need your consent if we use your sensitive personal to carry out our legal obligations, or in exercise of specific legal.
Where applicable laws require that we may approach you or your written consent to allow us to process your sensitive personal data. If we do so, we will provide you with full details of the information that we would like and the reason that we need it, so that you can carefully whether you wish to consent.
When we obtain your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. To exercise that right you should contact our Data Protection Representative at email@example.com Once contacted we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless the law allows to do so for another reason.
We may collect other information from by way of Cookies
Many websites use Google Analytics to collect traffic data and Google itself has produced a browser plug-in, which allows you to disable the collecting of information for all the websites you visit.
Should you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by Lime Street Insurance Brokers Ltd or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The “Help” function within your browser should tell you how. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the website.
Trademarks, Copyright and changes to the Privacy Notice
Complaints and contact details
We have an appointed Data Protection Representative to help us comply with our data protections obligations, including those set out in this privacy notice.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this privacy and cookie notice or how we handle your personal information,